Sunday, November 07, 2004

Well, I feel like I have accomplished alot today as far as the getting the yard and flowerbeds ready for winter weather. I pulled(or cut to ground level) all of the canna's that were in the flowerbeds. Wore gloves but still managed to have sore hands. I'm sure the briars were to blame. I'm exhausted but I feel better having taken care of that. Right now...my plans are to do away with the flower bed that runs along the 2nd drive. I think this will work out well for several reasons.

1. I will be able to move all the plants in them to the beds along the front and side of the house. They are perennials and this will keep Jeremy from having to spend money on flowers next yr.

2. It will make mowing easier come spring.

3. Less space that needs watered and less work maintaining.

4. Because it's my idea :-)

Monday & Tuesday of this week are supposed to be nice days so hopefully if all goes well I can get out and work on moving the plants then.

"There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling." ~Mirabel Osler